Director of Product Management
A Director of Product Management is responsible for a business’s product planning and execution all through the life cycle of the business.
This is inclusive of gathering and prioritizing requirements for the product, defining the vision for the product, and collaborating with other directors from the product, engineering, marketing, sales, and operations departments in order to ensure that the financial and customer satisfaction goals are met.
In addition to this, the Director of Product Management also ensures that the company’s overall strategy and goals are supported by those of the product; that the product goals and strategy do not deviate from that of the business.
- Supervisory Role: The Director of Product Development oversees and ensures that the functions of the Product Managers are efficiently and effectively executed. This position is a leadership position and reports to the VP of Product
- Vision Creation: As the leader of the product department, it is the Director’s responsibility to build an understanding and cultivate in the departments’ members the product’s vision, the business case, as well as compiling the product planning material necessary for driving product initiatives further with clarity and consensus
- Product Line life cycle: The Director of Product Development, alongside other Product Directors, is also responsible for developing, defining, and overseeing the product’s roadmap and managing it as required for the purpose of meeting deliverables for the business. At this capacity, the Director of Product also incorporates the existing development backlog and makes priorities as determined by the business, consumer, and market needs
- Customer Relations: The Director of Product Management does not simply rely on the input and feedback of the product managers when it comes to customer relations
A Director of Product Management is also responsible for engaging extensively with JFrog customers in order to gain first-hand insight into the customers and market feedback on the business’s product
- Collaboration: The role of Director of Product Development is also one of cross-functional nature and as such, the Director is expected to liaise with other Product Directors as well as directors of engineering, marketing, sales, and design departments
The collaboration is required in order to translate the product needs into requirements and to drive consensus within the product departments, which ultimately promotes the achievement of the product goals
- Stakeholders: The Director is tasked with keeping other relevant stakeholders up to date on product process and progress
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills
- 3+ years of direct management of a team of product managers; multiple geographies/remote employees - an advantage
- 6+ years of B2B product management experience in enterprise SW company
- Significant experience in inbound product management, working closely with R&D teams on product execution, transform vision to product capabilities and build up plan
- Significant experience in outbound product management, working with large number of customers and working with global pre-sale, sales, services, and support organizations
- Strong technical background in enterprise technologies with the ability to synthesize diverse and complex information and data, design refined strategies, solutions, workflows, and procedures; cloud technologies – an advantage
- Excellent communication skills working in a cross-functional nature that demands constant interactions and deliberations with other departmental directors
- The candidate will constantly interact with JFrog executives as well as representing the business and the product in external events