Conan Dev Manager
Are you a hands-on technical leader with a passion for new technologies, an urgency for high quality deliveries, capable of driving innovation and leading an “A” class high performance team? This is an opportunity to drive the development of the world’s leading C/C++ package manager.
As a Conan Dev Manager, you will:
- Manage day to day development and team: plan and prioritize efforts, define and follow development guidelines and best practices, organize and participate in code reviews to guarantee quality and consistency, assign and track development, support and community tasks of the team members. Taking care of the team and hiring.
- Be responsible of the team operations: The process of releasing Conan, including the client, to PyPI, creating installers, generating and reviewing changelogs, supervising documentation changes. Responsible for the CI/CD operations and pipelines, working in good and efficient testing practices for all Conan projects.
- Work closely with the Conan lead architects to plan, to investigate, prototype, coordinate and test new solutions, actively participating in those tasks and technical problem solving.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong skills and hands-on experience (3+ years) with C and C++ build engineering: build systems in different platforms, CI/CD pipelines, knowledge of different compilers for different platforms, cross-building, etc.
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles at all levels: architecture, development, testing, agile/lean.
- Experience (2+ years) leading development teams of at least 4 people, have great organizational skills and experience implementing, managing and releasing complex features, supporting and maintaining software long term. Bonus points if experience in community and open source teams or projects.