Director of Solutions Engineering
At JFrog, we’re reinventing DevOps to help the world’s greatest companies innovate -- and we want you along for the ride. This is a special place with a unique combination of brilliance, spirit and just all-around great people. Here, if you’re willing to do more, your career can take off. And since software plays a central role in everyone’s lives, you’ll be part of an important mission. Thousands of customers, including the majority of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage, accelerate, and secure their software delivery from code to production -- a concept we call “liquid software.” Wouldn't it be amazing if you could join us in our journey?
As a Director of Solutions Engineering at JFrog, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of how software is developed and shipped for some of the most innovative and successful organizations in the world. At JFrog, we have more than 6,000 paying customers, 60,000 installations and millions of developers globally that rely on JFrog’s world-class infrastructure for software management and distribution. Customers include some of the world’s top brands, such as Amazon, Google, MasterCard, Netflix, Barclays, Cisco, Oracle, Adobe, VMware and others. Our passion for high-quality software, unique customer service and phenomenal support is the foundation of our success!
You will be on the front lines, working closely with our customers, prospects & community walking them along their journey of building and scaling their DevOps practices and drive them to stronger adoption of JFrog solutions. Within JFrog, you will be working closely with JFrog’s sales, marketing, customer success, product managers and engineering to shape our next generation of products and solutions and build the messaging and go to market
The ideal candidate for the Director of Solutions Engineering role will have a history of demonstrated leadership of solutions, presales, or technology consultants with an emphasis on team scaling, coaching, messaging development, and support of strategic solution sales. In addition to providing day to day direction for the group managers, the successful candidate will support career development and conduct regular group management roles.
As a Director of Solutions Engineering in JFrog you will…
- Lead a geographically distributed group of solution experts, engineers, architects and consultants
- Coach and lead the Solutions Engineering managers in the territory
- Team with Sales leaders to build an impactful set of activities including but not limited to planning, engaging, analyzing etc.
- Support JFrog’s Marketing, Product and R&D while work directly with leading DevOps customers to ensure their success with the JFrog products.
- Plan and lead growth and scale initiatives
- Build and maintain the groups domain leadership with the latest technology trends related to DevOps Engineering and the landscape of CI/CD Technologies
- Work closely with our customers and community to build solid relationships
- Innovate outbound activities and processes to enable the company’s hyper growth
To be a Director of Solutions Engineering in JFrog you need…
- 15+ years of industry experience with minimum 3 years of experience in customer facing management roles
- Solid experience of managing a technical group and managing managers, advantage for inside and inbound sales.
- Minimum 6 years of experience with Software Architecture design and software development lifecycle
- Minimum 4 years of experience with Enterprise-grade development, deployment and transformation processes
- Demonstrated organizational and project management capabilities, with the ability to multiple tasks with shifting priorities and varying deadlines
- Solid foundation in agile development, DevOps, continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) & cloud infrastructure
- Experience with DevOps tools like CI Server, SCM, Artifactory, Jenkins, Maven, Chef/Ansible, Docker, Gradle, npm, Kubernetes is advantage
- Experience with data center architectures - networking, storage, compute, management and monitoring, backup, high availability, disaster recovery and security are an advantage.
- Experience with technical sales of hybrid solutions (On-prem & SaaS) is an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering Major preferable