Community: Senior Software Developer
Do you love solving problems being faced by different communities such as Go, Helm or Kubernetes? Do you love filling in the technical gaps that make different projects work together? Do you like working across companies and products to bring new use cases to life? Are you a hands-on productive coder that can build fast prototypes as well as production code? Do you want to work in an amazing and energized team?
This job isn’t for everyone - you will constantly be learning new technology, rapidly understanding and prototyping integrations between products, and delivering production-grade solutions that will be used by thousands of customers.
As part of the Community and Partnership Engineering team, you will work directly with partners to create new integration points, work with the open source community to solve specific problems (examples: https://gocenter.io, https://github.com/jfrog/kubexray), experimenting with new ideas at the frontier of DevOps, containers, cloud computing, developer tools, and security.
- Develop integration software (plug ins, installers, APIs, etc)
- Contribute to open source projects
- Represent the company and products at technical level to new and existing external companies
- Write blog posts and technical articles
- Social media influence
- Evaluate new trends and technologies in the market, write 1-page briefs to be shared across the company
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years professional software programmer
- Wide array of language skills (Go/Java/Python at a minimum)
- Experience with developer tools & infra (build systems, CI systems, Git, deployment)
- Cloud, Containers and Kubernetes
- Clear and precise communication - written and verbal
- Self managing, self directed