Partnership Engineering Manager
Are you a hands-on technical leader with a passion for new technologies, an urgency for high quality deliveries, capable of driving innovation, and building an “A” class high performance team? As Manager of partner engineering you will work with modern DevOps companies to deliver valuable and ground breaking solutions.
As an early team member, you will:
- You will identify and initiate investigations of new technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
- Take responsibility for technical problem solving and creatively meeting product objectives using agile methodologies
- Be delivery oriented leveraging modern DevOps tools and environment (eg. kubernetes, containerized microservices) to produce high quality and on-time results
- Hiring engineers and developing best practices
- You will demonstrate cross-functional team interaction to accomplish your goals including alignment of roadmap deliveries, resolving conflicting priorities, and demonstrating ability to manage dependencies.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience with design, implementation and production rollout of CI/CD tools (eg. Spinnaker), kubernetes, cloud native storage, release automation, etc.
- Experience managing business critical development pipelines at scale
- Experience with containerized deployments in public cloud, network infrastructure, monitoring tools
- Experience developing and managing highly available and extensively used production environment
- Experience managing the delivery of complex features with cross-team dependencies
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles and process along with the ability to apply this knowledge to execute projects and optimize strategies
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Proven success in improving software reliability and release predictability
- Fluency with software development metrics and their applicability
- Have a proactive, hands-on attitude
- Have managed a team of at least 5 in the past
- Have great organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- 2+ years of leading agile development teams