Senior Product Manager, Outbound
JFrog is seeking a hands-on, Senior Product Manager to join our growing outbound product team. If you love to connect with customers, enjoy speaking engagements, interacting with large audiences and talking tech, this is the role for you!
In this role, you will be based in our Sunnyvale, CA office with our talented outbound product team and will work closely with the core product managers in Israel and Seattle. In this role you will work closely with customers, engineering, support, solutions, marketing and sales teams. As Senior Product Manager, you will contribute to and be able to present the product roadmap to customers and prospects, while gathering and analyzing users’ needs and product feedback.
A strong understanding of SDLC, data analysis, cloud operations and relationship management skills in a high-technology, dynamic environment is crucial to your success. You have a bias toward hands-on action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product delivery.
- Interact with prospective and current customers and partners - gather and analyze customer needs/requirements/feedback, discuss new features, and present product roadmap
- Advocate for customer needs clearly and compellingly to the rest of the product team
- Serve as the subject matter expert and evangelist for JFrog’s products
- Identify improvements to existing product processes; develop a strong understanding of processes and technology
- Organize customer advisory board and user forum initiatives
- Plan and coordinate Beta testing initiatives and periodic product surveys
- Work with Product Management, Engineering and internal stakeholders to define good confidence release deliverables for any given release
- Manage stakeholder expectations within and/or across functions
- Work closely with marketing, sales and solution engineering - deliver product briefs, train the team on new product features and capabilities and participate in pre-sale activities
- Represent the product at industry events and to key external and internal audiences
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related technical field (or equivalent) is preferred
- 4+ years of prior experience as a Product Manager or a Technical Marketing Engineer in DevOps or related field, and 3+ years in software development
- Subject matter expert on the products, and familiarity with business issues or the ability to quickly learn
- Experience in cloud and “cloud native” computing, and can recognize the opportunities and challenges facing modern infrastructure teams
- Have worked with technologies like platform-as-a-service, container orchestration, configuration management, service discovery, and/or public key infrastructure.
- Passionate about customer outreach and research and able to understand and clearly articulate market problems
- Strong organizational direction, time management, problem-solving, prioritization, goal setting, leadership and motivation, negotiation, interpersonal relations, verbal/written communications and human resource management.
- A sense of urgency coupled with a sense of humor