Community Engagement Manager
Developer Relations has always been one of JFrog’s primary growth engines. Starting from the first Artifactory OSS version in 2006, JFrog was always driven by its users, and we keep doing it, both in our OSS and commercial activity, now with four thousand customers, sixty thousand installations, and more than two billion downloads of artifacts a month from various JFrog services.
We are looking for a Community Engagement Manager to join JFrog's Developer Relations team. This position builds a large funnel for company growth by building a pipeline of technical content for a developer and DevOps audience coming from the R&D teams. You will be responsible to create and manage a speaker bureau that incentivizes employees to be ambassadors for JFrog’s product and service offerings through social media, blogs, forums, presentations, and open-source contributions.
Who you are:
- You are active on social media and online forums and can coach/mentor others
- You love engaging with individuals and learning about their interests and strengths
- You are excited about new technologies and how they shape our world
- You deeply care about the software your company produces
- You are highly organized and metrics driven
What's in it for you:
Help build the community of JFrog employees who shape the future of DevOps, interacting with and guiding some of the best talent at JFrog. And the community you represent will have direct influence over the product strategy and direction of the company, helping JFrog demonstrate its technological leadership to the wider developer community.
- Building the speaker bureau: growing an internal community of employees engaged on social media, blogging, forums, and open source; incentivizing employees to regularly engage in activities; planning workshops and speaker training; and helping technical speakers with abstracts and CFPs.
- Find new channels and ways for engaging with developers and DevOps professionals
- Collaborating with the demand gen team to find opportunities to bring our audience into the top of the funnel
- Monitoring, measuring and managing your community:
- Social media activities
- Technical articles and blogs
- Engagement on Stack Overflow, Reddit, etc.
- Placing speakers at meetups and conferences
- This role includes some travel worldwide
Desired Skills and Experience
- Track record of personal engagement on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn in DevOps community - A must
- 3 years experience in a developer relations or advocacy role in the high tech company industry
- 1+ years experience coaching/mentoring others and/or public speaking
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to effectively connect with developers, enjoy planning workshops, and attending technical events and conferences
- Analytical mindset and must have the ability to set goals, execute and measure the results
- Deep understanding of the developer ecosystem, especially in the DevOps scene
- Ability to understand different developer personas and engage with all
- Bachelor's degree