Cloud Native DevOps Architect
We are seeking a Cloud Native DevOps Architect to join the Office of the CTO at JFrog.
You will be part of a group of architects who provide technical leadership and help build next-generation products to manage modern software releases for JFrog customers.
This role involves defining system architecture, working with all major cloud providers, researching technical innovations and engaging in POCs gauging technical risk. Candidates should have a passion for working on architecture and design of large-scale, cloud native complex systems. Hands on coding experience is also a must.
- Define architectural approaches and detailed technical engineering specifications for development and production infrastructure and tools
- Promote and advocate a true DevOps culture
- Develop architectural POCs
- Work with R&D and DevOps teams to guide and review projects related to development and production infrastructure
- Identify bottlenecks in the all infrastructure related areas
- Review code and perform acceptance testing to ensure quality and consistency with architectural vision
- Evaluate new technologies and tools
- Cloud and cloud native principles and practices definitions, design and review
- Help to steer the architectural and engineering priorities of JFrog
- Tutoring and mentoring other engineers about cloud native best practices
Desired Skills and Experience
- Deep understanding of cloud and cloud native principles and practices
- Hands-on experience with cloud environments - AWS, GCP, Azure
- Deep understanding of CI/CD concepts and practices
- Familiarity with-
- Orchestration tools - Docker compose, Kubernetes (k8s), etc.
- Virtualization and containers - Docker, runc, VMWare, Xen, KVM, etc.
- Operating systems - Linux and Windows
- One or more configuration management tools - Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet
- Version control systems - Git
- Networking knowledge - Firewalls, VPNs, CNI, proxies & Load balancers
- Web/Application servers - Nginx, HAProxy, Apache, Tomcat
- JVM and Golang runtimes
- Storage - Object Store, NFS, SANs, RAID, LVM
- 5+ years of experience working on development and production infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience with complex, high-performance distributed systems in production
- 5+ years of hands-on programming experience in languages such as python, shell, Go and others
- 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership as a Principal Engineer or Technical Lead role
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
- Ability to function as an equal peer when working with engineering
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills