Sales Account Manager, EMEA - APAC
Do you desire to be part of the latest DevOps innovations and technologies? Manage amazing customers like BMW, LinkedIn, Netflix, Twitter, Airbus, Bank of America, Credit Suisse, and more! Our passion for high-quality software, unique customer service and phenomenal support is the foundation of our success!
As Account Manager, you will be directly responsible for the growth of JFrog in the APAC and EMEA regions providing an exciting opportunity to drive and shape the future of DevOps processes within your allocated account portfolio. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities to maximize our customer’s value from JFrog products and services, maintaining strong customer relationships.
The ideal candidate will possess strong sales skills, achieving sales targets to drive engagement at both senior level, as well as user-level liaising with software developers, DevOps leaders and CxO level.
- Manage sales pipeline across new business and upsell opportunities.
- Responsible for the success and renewals process for the customer portfolio; analyze usage metrics to understand customers’ usage of JFrog’s product (evaluate product adoption)
- Contact customers throughout the life cycle to identify potential growth opportunities.
- Partner with Finance and Legal teams in negotiating, structuring and quoting renewal contracts for highest possible renewal rates
- Maintain long-term account health and relationships
- Use salesforce.com, JIRA, and Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Drive product adoption, share best practices and implement growth and optimization strategies for maximum value and success.
- Willing to work in the European and Asian time zone based on account/territory assignment
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4-5 years of SaaS software sales experience preferably in a B2B.
- Revenue quota-carrying experience is a must.
- Experience in managing & owning the full sale cycle from lead to closing the deal.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Computer Science/engineering.
- Excellent spoken and written English - Mandatory, other languages - an advantage
- Experience with CRM and email automation software is highly preferred, Salesforce.com – is a must.