Community & Partner Engineering
Community: Software Developer
Do you love solving problems being faced by different communities such as Go, Helm, C/C++, Java or Kubernetes? Do you love filling in the technical gaps that make different projects work together? Are you a hands-on productive coder that can build fast prototypes as well as production code? Do you want to work in an amazing and energized team?
This job isn’t for everyone - you will constantly be learning new technology, rapidly understanding and prototyping, and delivering production-grade solutions that will be used by thousands of users.
As part of this team, you will work with the open source community to solve specific problems (examples: https://chartcenter.io, https://gocenter.io, https://conan.io/center, https://github.com/jfrog/kubenab), experimenting with new ideas at the frontier of DevOps, containers, cloud computing, developer tools, and security.
- Design and develop production grade software/services following modern DevOps practices from src to runtime
- Contribute to community and open source projects
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Write blog posts, technical articles, represent the company and products at technical level at conferences & external meetings
- Social media influence
- Evaluate new trends and technologies in the market, provide feedback to product teams, and promote innovative solutions
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years professional software programmer
- Wide array of language skills (Go/Java/Python at a minimum)
- Experience with developer tools & infra (build systems, CI systems, Git, deployment)
- Experience with Cloud, Containers and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with distributed systems & monitoring tools is a big plus
- Clear and precise communication - written and verbal
- Self managing, self directed