Software touches every aspect of our lives: from how we bank, socialize, shop and learn, to how we entertain, obtain healthcare services, use transportation and much more. All of the world’s software needs to be developed, updated and maintained seamlessly. This is where JFrog comes in; with software development and DevOps tooling that powers the world’s digital transformation.
JFrog is on a mission to enable continuous software updates through Liquid Software, empowering developers to code high-quality applications that securely flow to end-users without interruption. JFrog is the creator of Artifactory, the heart of the JFrog Platform - a hybrid, universal, end-to-end DevOps solution available as open-source, self-hosted and as a SaaS subscription. More than 5,800 customers, including 75% of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage their software binaries and accelerate their secure software delivery from code-to-production.
Are you a hands-on technical leader with a passion for new technologies, an urgency for high quality deliveries, capable of driving innovation, and building an “A” class high performance team? As a hands-on engineering manager of the community engineering team, you will provide value by solving problems being faced by communities such as cloud-native (kubernetes and helm), Golang, C/C++, Java.
As an early team member:
- You will be leading and growing an A-team that is responsible for dev, qa and sre.
- You will identify and initiate investigations of new technologies, prototype and test solutions for potential new features.
- Take responsibility for technical problem solving and creatively meeting product objectives using agile methodologies
- Be delivery oriented leveraging modern DevOps tools and environment (eg. kubernetes, containerized microservices) to produce high quality and on-time results
- Hiring engineers and developing best practices
- You will demonstrate cross-functional team interaction to accomplish your goals including alignment of roadmap deliveries, resolving conflicting priorities, and demonstrating ability to manage dependencies.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience with design, implementation and production rollout of distributed microservices (using kubernetes, cloud-native storage)
- Hands on experience with package managers such as Maven, Helm, go modules and obfuscators (to secure and optimize)
- Experience managing business critical development pipelines at scale
- Experience with containerized deployments in public cloud, network infrastructure, monitoring tools
- Experience developing and managing highly available and extensively used production environment
- Experience managing the delivery of complex features with cross-team dependencies
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles and process along with the ability to apply this knowledge to execute projects and optimize strategies
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Proven success in improving software reliability and release predictability
- Fluency with software development metrics and their applicability
- Have a proactive, hands-on attitude
- Have managed agile development teams with broad responsibilities
- Have great organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Science, or Business Administration plus 5 years experience.