Software touches every aspect of our lives: from how we bank, socialize, shop and learn, to how we entertain, obtain healthcare services, use transportation and much more. All of the world’s software needs to be developed, updated and maintained seamlessly. This is where JFrog comes in; with software development and DevOps tooling that powers the world’s digital transformation.
JFrog is on a mission to enable continuous software updates through Liquid Software, empowering developers to code high-quality applications that securely flow to end-users without interruption. JFrog is the creator of Artifactory, the heart of the JFrog Platform - a hybrid, universal, end-to-end DevOps solution available as open-source, self-hosted and as a SaaS subscription. More than 5,800 customers, including 75% of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage their software binaries and accelerate their secure software delivery from code-to-production.
We are seeking an Architect to join the Office of the CTO at JFrog.
You will be part of a group of Architects who provide technical leadership and help Engineering build next-generation products to manage modern software releases.
This role will report directly to the CTO, and involves defining system architecture, dealing with Engineering-centric requirements, researching technical innovations and engaging in POCs gauging technical risk. Candidates must have solid experience working on large-scale, complex systems, as well as with software architecture and design process, and have a history of delivering architecturally sound, pragmatic solutions. Hands on coding experience is also a must.
- Define architectural approaches and detailed technical Engineering specifications
- Negotiate trade-offs and drive issues to closure
- Develop architectural POCs
- Work with Product Management to understand business requirements and market trends
- Provide architectural oversight and guidance to Engineering teams
- Review code and perform acceptance testing to ensure quality and consistency with architectural vision
- Evaluate new technologies
- Help to steer the architectural and Engineering priorities of the company
- Participate in senior technical job interviews as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to function as an equal peer when working with Engineering
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
- 5+ years of experience with complex, high-performance distributed systems
- 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership in a Principal Engineer or Technical Lead role
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in B2B systems and design of external APIs
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field or equivalent practical experience