Software touches every aspect of our lives: from how we bank, socialize, shop and learn, to how we entertain, obtain healthcare services, use transportation and much more. All of the world’s software needs to be developed, updated and maintained seamlessly. This is where JFrog comes in; with software development and DevOps tooling that powers the world’s digital transformation.
JFrog is on a mission to enable continuous software updates through Liquid Software, empowering developers to code high-quality applications that securely flow to end-users without interruption. JFrog is the creator of Artifactory, the heart of the JFrog Platform - a hybrid, universal, end-to-end DevOps solution available as open-source, self-hosted and as a SaaS subscription. More than 5,800 customers, including 75% of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage their software binaries and accelerate their secure software delivery from code-to-production.
Position: Legal Counsel (California Office)
We are looking for a superstar Legal Counsel to join JFrog’s legal team at our Sunnyvale Office. Reporting to our General Counsel, you will serve as both strategic thought partner and subject matter expert for teams across the company. This exciting opportunity includes advising on a wide range of legal matters, US and international, focusing on software licensing, commercial agreements, compliance issues, employment matters, intellectual property and more.
- Provide legal advice and closely work with all teams at JFrog, with focus on the sales organization and other key business units including product, business development, marketing, finance, human resources and operations.
- Partner and advise business teams in the drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of legal agreements involving complex sales and partnerships, technology transactions, and IP-related legal issues.
- Advising business stakeholders, taking into account the relevant legal issues and risks, agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience practicing law in the technology space - substantial product and transactional experience in a SaaS or other software company.
- JD with membership in state bar in good standing and an excellent academic record.
- Experience negotiating client licensing contracts and other experience demonstrating an ability to manage and close commercial and legal negotiations
- Confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively provide sound legal advice, exercise good business judgment, and work well with other attorneys, management, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated teaming ability to work well with, influence, and inform diverse groups, including peers and customers.
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability and drive to take ownership of projects and tasks.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Business savvy team player.
* * *