Software touches every aspect of our lives: from how we bank, socialize, shop and learn, to how we entertain, obtain healthcare services, use transportation and much more. All of the world’s software needs to be developed, updated and maintained seamlessly. This is where JFrog comes in; with software development and DevOps tooling that powers the world’s digital transformation.
JFrog is on a mission to enable continuous software updates through Liquid Software, empowering developers to code high-quality applications that securely flow to end-users without interruption. JFrog is the creator of Artifactory, the heart of the JFrog Platform - a hybrid, universal, end-to-end DevOps solution available as open-source, self-hosted and as a SaaS subscription. More than 5,800 customers, including 75% of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage their software binaries and accelerate their secure software delivery from code-to-production.
In this role you will be part of the Production Group which is a hybrid of software and system engineering responsible for ensuring the JFrog Cloud Platform is running smoothly and scaling efficiently.
Your key focus will be:
- Alignment with Business Teams
- Cloud Cost Control Program Management
- Cloud Usage & Scaling
- Metrics & KPIs
If you are an Engineer at heart, passionate about solving technological challenges and also keen on understanding business priorities you are the one we are looking for.
CDN services, Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) and monitoring tools, shouldn’t be dirty words for you but rather the daily digest you read along with your morning coffee. Cost Control is what fuels you: cloud pricing plans, billing reports, and invoices are all tools you masterize, that help you reveal each of the service and usage types, and how to optimize for cost.
You also have a very business oriented mind and will have no difficulty to partner with the Cloud Business Team, translating the business roadmap requirements to impact on the Cloud Production Margin.
We are looking for a Rock Star, graduate with a Technological Academic background, who is eager to learn the business and tech sides of maintaining top notch technology.
You’re energetic and can work well both independently and with a team. You have a positive and can-do attitude, great social skills and know how to be a team player and work in a group of brilliant people while keeping a holistic approach to solve tasks. You can quickly and easily learn and use new tools and services on your own.
- Work closely with the JFrog business teams to make sure business and Production roadmaps are aligned
- Create financial models to calculate TCO of new projects
- Analyze, optimize, and implement cost optimization actions over different cloud services (AWS, GCP and Azure)
- Partner with the development and finance teams in order to optimize costs
- Work with the financial teams on budget, forecast and expenses reports for everything related to hosting
- Implement and manage automated reports in order to identify and optimize cost trends
- Build automations that optimize the cloud environment.
- Create financial and usage dashboards
- Work with our technical teams to design and implement new services in the most cost-efficient way
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years of experience in a similar or relevant position
- You are a BSC Engineering graduate, preferably in Computer Science or related
- Some Engineering experience and or project course work using large data systems on SQL, Hadoop, etc.
- Proficiency using one or more programming or scripting language to work with data such as: Python/ Perl/C#/Java
- Some experience and or project course work performing data analysis and applying statistics working with tools such as: Excel, R, MATLAB, AMPL, SAS.
- Passion to learn from your peers, manager, and other stakeholders on how to derive business improvements out of Data
- Ability to interact with peers and stakeholders to drive product and business impact