R&D Group Leader
Software touches every aspect of our lives: from how we bank, socialize, shop and learn, to how we entertain, obtain healthcare services, use transportation and much more. All of the world’s software needs to be developed, updated and maintained seamlessly. This is where JFrog comes in; with software development and DevOps tooling that powers the world’s digital transformation.
JFrog is on a mission to enable continuous software updates through Liquid Software, empowering developers to code high-quality applications that securely flow to end-users without interruption. JFrog is the creator of Artifactory, the heart of the JFrog Platform - a hybrid, universal, end-to-end DevOps solution available as open-source, self-hosted and as a SaaS subscription. More than 5,800 customers, including 75% of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage their software binaries and accelerate their secure software delivery from code-to-production.
We are looking for a passionate and seasoned Group leader to join JFrog’s R&D group.
The successful candidate has an opportunity to join a highly outstanding team within a fast-paced and successful organization. The person in this role will lead the R&D group that will be developing JFrog’s next generation Distribution products..
Looking for a leader with a passion for building large-scale products and cutting-edge solutions targeting the most iconic tech industry companies.
To join us, you need to demonstrate broad and diverse technical knowledge together with inspiring leadership skills that foster a startup-like culture in the Engineering teams bringing passion and energy to the workplace using successful, employee development and retention.
Office Location: Tel-Aviv or Netanya offices
If you're a hands-on technical leader, creative thinker, inspiring hiring manager, this opportunity is for you!
- Lead the design, architecture, and the scaling up of our solution, as well as maintain an agile development process.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Ensure risks and issues are identified and managed closely while driving all stakeholders to deliver in a timely manner time in line with the required quality standards
- Develop and grow leadership talent through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning and retention strategies for key talent in a growing, competitive environment.
- Recruit top talent engineers and rapidly build a big engineering group.
- Promote the quality, efficiency, stability, deliverability, and maintainability of everything your engineers produce
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- 5+ years of proven hands-on production-grade development experience
- 3+ years of experience of leading TLs and a cross-functional team of 15+ high performing engineers
- Ability to lead with enthusiasm and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Proven track record developing large scale enterprise solutions, including software design and development, database architectures, security, and performance tuning
- Deep experience with Cloud infrastructure, Docker, Kubernetes & CI/CD
- Deep experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Great hiring managerial skills