Community & Partner Engineering
Conan Developer Advocate
At JFrog, we’re reinventing DevOps to help the world’s greatest companies innovate -- and we want you along for the ride. This is a special place with a unique combination of brilliance, spirit and just all-around great people. Here, if you’re willing to do more, your career can take off. And since software plays a central role in everyone’s lives, you’ll be part of an important mission. Thousands of customers, including the majority of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage, accelerate, and secure their software delivery from code to production -- a concept we call “liquid software.” Wouldn't it be amazing if you could join us in our journey?
Conan, the leading C/C++ Package Manager is an MIT open source project, with a full time dedicated team sponsored by JFrog, used by thousands of companies around the world and with an amazing and very engaged community of users.
We are looking for a Developer Advocate to join JFrog's Developer Relations team and focus on the Conan project. In this role, you will act as the voice of our team, connecting Conan and JFrog’s innovation with the C and C++ development community.
As a Conan Developer Advocate in JFrog you will…
- Take center stage and act as the voice of JFrog and the Conan project and team. People in the development community will want to hear what you want to share and people at JFrog/Conan will take your feedback to their hearts and to the project.
- Get the message out: speaking at conferences, meetups, and webinars; blogging, tweeting, recording screencasts; and generally, as we say here at JFrog, "ribbiting". Yup, that’s a lot of virtual travel now (and hopefully physical travel soon!)
- Work closely with the Conan team and JFrog R&D, Solutions, and Technical Customer Support teams to understand JFrog's technology and provide feedback.
- Find new channels and ways for engaging with developers.
- Work with the global marketing team to help build effective messaging and amplify the message!
- Monitor, measure and manage your success:
- Developer relation activities
- Social media activities
- JFrog's OSS initiatives
As a Conan Developer Advocate in JFrog you need…
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- 3+ years experience in R&D as a Software Developer or Engineer
- Proven track record as a successful presenter and technical speaker
- Strong writing and presentation skills regarding technical topics
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to effectively connect with developers; enjoy attending meetups, technical events and conferences
- Analytical mindset and must have the ability to set goals, execute and measure the results
- Deep understanding of the developer ecosystem, especially in the C and C++ communities, Conan, and in the DevOps scene
- Able to express complex concepts in compelling language to resonate with developers and non-technical communities
- Ability to understand different developer personas and engage with all