Senior Director R&D
At JFrog, we’re reinventing DevOps to help the world’s greatest companies innovate -- and we want you along for the ride. This is a special place with a unique combination of brilliance, spirit and just all-around great people. Here, if you’re willing to do more, your career can take off. And since software plays a central role in everyone’s lives, you’ll be part of an important mission. Thousands of customers, including the majority of the Fortune 100, trust the JFrog Platform to manage, accelerate, and secure their software release pipeline from code to production -- a concept we call “Liquid Software”.
Wouldn't it be amazing if you could join us in our journey?
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Director to lead the development of a JFrog Core Product. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to manage the development of one the world's most popular and most accredited devops solutions, and lead future innovation and changes at JFrog. You will work with the best engineers and will oversee several development groups and multiple teams to build one of the core products in the DevOps world today that supports an ever-increasing release/update speed.
As a Senior Director R&D you will:
- Lead multiple Developer Groups (team of teams), working on large-scale, sophisticated and cutting-edge deliverables
- Manage the delivery of multiple, development projects from design through release
- Promote a culture of self-sustained, independent teams with a strong sense of "you build it, you run it" ownership
- Build a product that support multi-cloud and hybrid (SaaS and self-hosted) in a unified technology stack
- Push for in-product monitoring and measurement for feedback
- Drive all stakeholders quality-first standards while meeting delivery
- Ensure issues and risks are identified and managed early
- Meet with customers and support customer experience and happiness
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders in Product, Support, Sales, Finance and Marketing
To be a Senior Director R&D in JFrog you need...
- Experience in leading R&D groups of highly skilled developers
- Strong leadership skills that include: recruiting, building, coaching, providing guidance and inspiring teams
- Solid technical skills and ability to understand advanced architectures and high-scale solutions
- Experience in developing DevOps tools and understanding of modern CI/CD release pipelines is a huge advantage
- Experience in leading and managing the delivery of large software development projects, while meeting key milestones and resolving bottlenecks - both technical and structural
- Ability to oversee technical coordination while promoting collaboration to resolve dependencies and slowdowns
- Experience in working on a core products that provide critical services to many stakeholders
- Have fanatic customer-centered approach and genuine desire for customer happiness from the products you create
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a can-do attitude
- Solid Experience in applying Agile Development practices, SAFe is a big advantage
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with various levels in the organization, as well as with your customers