Technical Program Manager
At JFrog, we’re reinventing DevOps to help the world’s greatest companies innovate -- and we want you along for the ride. This is a special place with a unique combination of brilliance, spirit and just all-around great people. Here, if you’re willing to do more, your career can take off. And since software plays a central role in everyone’s lives, you’ll be part of an important mission. Thousands of customers, including the majority of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage, accelerate, and secure their software delivery from code to production -- a concept we call “liquid software”. Wouldn't it be amazing if you could join us in our journey?
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager that will be part of our Production Engineering Group.
As a Technical Program Manager in JFrog you will...
- Manage multiple areas at the same time and mostly focus on technical projects
- Provide technical leadership, but not line management of cross functional teams
- Work very closely with deeply technical people and at the same time with non-technical stakeholders to ensure teams are on track
- Serve as an incident / escalation manager in case issues arise
- Effectively communicate project status and suggest changes to use company resources more efficiently
- Propose solutions to technical constraints using your technical expertise and experience.
- Coordinating efforts among workers and / or outside vendors
- Develop effective schedules and suggest action items
- Track technical issues and drive the team to implement solutions in a prompt manner
- Identify technical impacts on the organization as they relate to business requirements
- participate in management meetings to present progress / issues / risks, and share project information with other SMEs in the organization
To be a Technical Program Manager in JFrog you need…
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar technical position
- 3-5 years of experience in project management
- Technology experience, including IaaS/PaaS/Serverless (Azure, GCP and/or Amazon Web Services) based on K8S, infrastructure automation/orchestration technologies, server, storage, high availability architecture.
- Problem solvers with excellent leadership skills
- Work effectively on your own as well as in a team
- Experience with maintaining high scale deployments, managing high throughput and IO intensive services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement, able to take initiative and learn on the fly. Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Highly team oriented & practises collaboration as a key to success
- Experience in working in mission-critical environments
- Ability to work well under pressure within a technically challenging environment