Director of Developer Advocacy
At JFrog, we’re reinventing DevOps to help the world’s greatest companies innovate -- and we want you along for the ride. This is a special place with a unique combination of brilliance, spirit and just all-around great people. Here, if you’re willing to do more, your career can take off. And since software plays a central role in everyone’s lives, you’ll be part of an important mission. Thousands of customers, including the majority of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage, accelerate, and secure their software delivery from code to production -- a concept we call “liquid software.” Wouldn't it be amazing if you could join us in our journey?
Developer Relations has always been one of JFrog’s primary growth engines. Starting from the first Artifactory OSS version in 2006, JFrog was always driven by its users, and we keep doing it, both in our OSS and commercial activity, now with thousands of customers, majority Fortune 100, sixty thousand installations, and more than two billion downloads of artifacts a month from various JFrog services.
We are looking for a leader to guide the Developer Advocate team at JFrog. In this role, you will define the strategy and metrics for success to engage a global population of millions of developers and DevOps professionals. By setting an example of community leadership and product expertise, you will create thought leadership in the DevOps and cloud-native communities and model a successful Developer Advocate role for your team.
As a Director of Developer Advocacy in JFrog you will...
- Lead a team of passionate developer advocates
- Attract and retain top talent with mentoring, career development, and care
- Get the message out: speaking at conferences, meetups, and webinars; blogging, tweeting, recording screencasts; and generally, as we say here at JFrog, "ribbiting". Yup, that’s a lot of virtual travel now (and hopefully physical travel soon!)
- Work closely with the JFrog R&D, Solutions, and Technical Customer Support teams to understand JFrog's technology and provide feedback
- Find new channels and ways for engaging with developers
- Work with the global marketing team to help build effective messaging and amplify the message!
- Monitoring, measuring and managing your success:
- Developer relation activities
- Social media activities
- JFrog's OSS initiatives
- As public health policy allows, this role will include frequent travel in the future (worldwide)
To be a Director of Developer Advocacy in JFrog you need...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- 5 years experience as a Technical Evangelist or Developer Advocate
- Proven management experience overseeing a technical team
- Recognized thought leader in one or more developer and DevOps communities
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to engage with other teams, support joint initiatives, and help achieve collaborative success.
- Knowledge of the latest research in and approaches to Developer Relation strategy
- Analytical mindset with the ability to set goals for the team, and execute and measure the results
- Deep understanding of the developer ecosystem, especially in the DevOps scene
- Ability to understand different developer personas and engage with all