Community & Partner Engineering
Distributed Systems Engineer
At JFrog, we’re reinventing DevOps to help the world’s greatest companies innovate -- and we want you along for the ride. This is a special place with a unique combination of brilliance, spirit and just all-around great people. Here, if you’re willing to do more, your career can take off. And since software plays a central role in everyone’s lives, you’ll be part of an important mission. Thousands of customers, including the majority of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage, accelerate, and secure their software delivery from code to production -- a concept we call “liquid software.” Wouldn't it be amazing if you could join us in our journey?
In building distributed systems, we strike a balance between pragmatism and strict application of strong engineering principles. All of this happens in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source.
As a Distributed Systems Engineer at JFrog you will...
- Create or maintain software libraries and programs depended on by other systems and applications
- Participate in the design and implementation of performant and resilient distributed applications
- Develop solutions to hard problems in low-trust distributed systems
- Integrate research results and demonstrations into working, scalable programs and systems
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including engineering, design, community, product, and business
- Engage and educate the community, from users to contributors
- Lead and develop more junior engineers, and provide guidance
As a Distributed Systems Engineer at JFrog you need...
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience
- A solid understanding of distributed systems principles and applications
- Experience designing and building distributed and/or p2p software systems and applications.
- A strong technical design ability informed by broad experience across multiple domains/specialties
- Literacy with cryptographic principles and practices
- In-depth knowledge of authentication protocols and applied cryptography
- Demonstrated the ability to implement cryptographic primitives
- Knowledge of the latest attack trends, tools and the threat landscape
- Experience with 1 or more of the following: Smart Contracts, storage platforms, UNIX file systems, VMs (preferred)
- Proven track record of independently driving projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues
- A keen awareness of teamwork, process, and patterns of successful collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading open-source projects, and/or guiding their communities
- Security engineering and/or cryptography principles and practices
- Large-scale systems (especially networking, performance, storage, or reliability engineering)
- Experience building with decentralized building blocks such as DHTs, consensus protocols, smart contracts, blockchain, p2p networking, etc.