At JFrog, we’re reinventing DevOps to help the world’s greatest companies innovate -- and we want you along for the ride. This is a special place with a unique combination of brilliance, spirit and just all-around great people. Here, if you’re willing to do more, your career can take off. And since software plays a central role in everyone’s lives, you’ll be part of an important mission. Thousands of customers, including the majority of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage, accelerate, and secure their software delivery from code to production -- a concept we call “liquid software.” Wouldn't it be amazing if you could join us in our journey?
If the answer is yes, we should talk. JFrog is looking for strong, hands-on, experienced automation engineers who can join an innovative and talented R&D team. If you're the type of person who is constantly focused on improving engineering efficiency and scale, you will be a great fit for our team.
This job isn’t for everyone - you will constantly be learning new technology, rapidly understanding and prototyping new ways of validating services, and jointly sharing responsibility for the quality of production-grade solutions that will be used by thousands of users. As part of this team, you will design, develop new and maintain existing QA automation platforms, including test execution, bug detection, load and negative testing of existing services and also new services that are planned.
As a Senior Automation Engineer in JFrog you will...
- Designing automation frameworks, automating tests and qualifying builds for releases
- Build and evolve performance test infrastructure to validate scalability of the application
- Collaborate with products and developers to identify desired behaviour, source of truth and accordingly build detailed test plans
- Work with release managers to integrate your automation into the development, build, release and distribution pipelines for products
- Build and evolve chaos test frameworks to validate robustness of the application
- Update test frameworks to increase fuzziness
- Setup pipelines to trigger automation tests and capture test reports
- Evolving pipelines to selectively execute relevant tests
- Increase test effectiveness and maintain test isolation
To be a Senior Automation Engineer in JFrog you need…
- 7+ years of experience in designing and developing test frameworks.
- 3+ years of experience in Mocha/Mocha-like tools.
- 2+ years of experience in Cypress/Selenium like tools to validate UI.
- 1+ years of experience in writing performance and chaos tests.
- Bug detection abilities and good analysis to root cause detection.
- Track record of improving build and release process quality and time to release.
- Communicating and collaborating asynchronously with globally distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Designing and maintaining fully automated build and release pipelines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Concepts and operation of environments on AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Languages: Bash, NodeJS
- Frameworks and tools: Mocha, JMeter/Blazemeter, Cypress, Kubernetes.
- GitFlow approach to source code management.
- Experience with test frameworks that validates microservices that follow asynchronous architecture.
- Artifact management systems (Artifactory, Nexus, etc.).
- Additional experience with Kubernetes, helm and chaos testing for services running on Kubernetes.
- Experience with Typescript is a plus.