Senior DevOps Engineer
Software touches every aspect of our lives: from how we bank, socialize, shop and learn, to how we entertain, obtain healthcare services, use transportation and much more. All of the world’s software needs to be developed, updated and maintained seamlessly. This is where JFrog comes in; with software development and DevOps tooling that powers the world’s digital transformation.
JFrog is on a mission to enable continuous software updates through Liquid Software, empowering developers to code high-quality applications that securely flow to end-users without interruption. JFrog is the creator of Artifactory, the heart of the JFrog Platform - a hybrid, universal, end-to-end DevOps solution available as open-source, self-hosted and as a SaaS subscription. More than 5,800 customers, including 75% of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage their software binaries and accelerate their secure software delivery from code-to-production.
JFrog is looking for DevOps Ninja! If you are a true DevOps Ninja and have a strong passion for building next-generation infrastructure at scale, you should strongly consider joining JFrog.
As a DevOps Engineer, you'll be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining various mission-critical systems such as Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, and more. Here at JFrog, we are constantly building new infrastructure while scaling out our existing infrastructure using cutting-edge technologies to meet and exceed the scaling demands across multiple cloud providers and geographic regions.
- Work with the latest and greatest technologies like Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Elasticsearch, and more.
- Manage our Cloud-native production deployments (SaaS) running on Kubernetes in GCP, AWS, and Microsoft Azure.
- Design and develop tools for managing and applying DevOps principles, such as CI/CD automation and IaC (Infrastructure as Code) on our Cloud-based production systems.
- Work with the team to enhance production stability, availability, and reliability.
- Install, configure, update and troubleshoot our product microservices and tools including databases
- Design and manage different monitoring and observability tools for troubleshooting and resolving production issues.
- Collaborate in a global “DevOps” environment working closely with our Support, Solution Engineering, R&D, QA, and SRE teams around the world.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of relevant DevOps work experience in Production environments
- Hands-on Linux administration level experience
- Knowledge and experience with scripting languages like Python and Shell (Bash)
- A deep understanding and familiarity with:
- Networking: K8S ingress, services, and Load Balancers
- Web/Application servers: Nginx, Apache Tomcat, and JVM environments
- Additional programming languages like Java, Golang, and NodeJS - An advantage
- Knowledge of the following: JFrog Artifactory and JFrog Bintray, Build tools, CI servers - A great advantage
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes - An advantage
- Experience with public clouds (AWS, GCP, or Azure) - A great advantage
- Ability to join an on-call 24x7 roster (follow the Sun model) and working off routine hours occasionally
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a desire to take on wider responsibilities
- Results-driven with strong commitment to complete tasks