We are seeking an Architect to join the Office of the CTO at JFrog.
You will be part of a group of Architects who provide technical leadership and help Engineering build next-generation products to manage modern software releases.
This role will report directly to the CTO, and involves defining system architecture, dealing with Engineering-centric requirements, researching technical innovations and engaging in POCs gauging technical risk. Candidates must have solid experience working on large-scale, complex systems, as well as with software architecture and design process, and have a history of delivering architecturally sound, pragmatic solutions. Hands on coding experience is also a must.
- Define architectural approaches and detailed technical Engineering specifications
- Negotiate trade-offs and drive issues to closure
- Develop architectural POCs
- Work with Product Management to understand business requirements and market trends
- Provide architectural oversight and guidance to Engineering teams
- Review code and perform acceptance testing to ensure quality and consistency with architectural vision
- Evaluate new technologies
- Help to steer the architectural and Engineering priorities of the company
- Participate in senior technical job interviews as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to function as an equal peer when working with Engineering
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
- 5+ years of experience with complex, high-performance distributed systems
- 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership in a Principal Engineer or Technical Lead role
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in B2B systems and design of external APIs
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field or equivalent practical experience